Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Remembering The Kanji I: A Complete Course On How Not To Forget the Meaning and Writing of Japanese Characters by James W. Heisig Review



I decided to wipe the dust off of Remembering The Kanji I: A Complete Course On How Not To Forget the Meaning and Writing of Japanese Characters by James W. Heisig. When I first purchased the book over a year ago, I was able to study a chapter a day without forgetting the kanji, but once I got to until about chapter 35. After that it took me approximately one day to remember one, two or maybe three kanji characters a week and I just became exhausted. I just couldn't see the end.

Well, I decided to start studying from chapter one again and found out that I had forgotten some of the kanji characters. In order for me to stay focused on trying to remember the kanji, I have decided not to try to rush through it so quickly.

I also signed up with Memrise and Kanji Koohii!  to help with my learning. Both sites offer free online flashcards which keeps me from having to use my handmade ones.

If you are interested in seeing if this book is right for you, you can checkout the pdf file. It has 294 kanji and gives you a format of how this book is written.

No comments:

Post a Comment